View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 1on1 moves against taller, longer defenders

The chop step I just posted about in the pull up section is ideal for guys like this. You want to put yourself in a position where you can do one of two things, and you're playing off their reaction.

Also drag dribbles around the hoop help a lot too. If you beat a guy and he really is a threat to block you from behind, pull the dribble to the side last second and throw up a little floater fade if you can make it consistently enough.
Use the rim to protect your shot. Reverses with either hand, or even finishing lefty from the right side works a lot if a guy is gonna come over your outide shoulder all the time.

The other thing is that getting blocked is not exactly the end of the world. It happens. Frankly if you're not getting blocked, you're not going to the hoop enough. I'd rather my kids get blocked from time to time then throw up a bunch of wild crap just to avoid it that has little shot at going in.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote