View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #462
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

A good read for those trying to pack on muscle:

Hey guys, I'm currently on this bulking workout (trying to pack muscle on) and if you guys would like to try it, it is something i would recommend. This type of training is called German Volume Training (GVT) where you overload your muscle fibres with the same repetitive compound exercises.

There are two stages to the GVT (the second stage is my own little creation and it has worked pretty well)

This requires 3 days of training and you can start this at any level of training. Make sure you split your days.
Your break between sets should be a minimum of 60 seconds and a maximum of 90 seconds.

Stage 1, 6 weeks:

Day 1. Chest/Back:

First exercise: Bench Press. 10 sets of 10 at the same weight. If you don't have a spot move to a smith machine after the 6th set. Drop the weight if you absolutely have to and always push out 10 reps.

Second exercise: Bend Over rows with an overhand grip. 10 sets of 10 at the same weight. Never perform this exercise on a smith machine. you will throw your back out of whack if you do.

Third exercise: Incline dumbbell flies: 4 sets of 8-10 repetitions: Self explanatory. Make sure your form is perfect before you up your weight. You don't want to be the guy that dislocates his shoulder in the gym.

Fourth exercise: Wide grip pull ups: 4 sets of 8-10 repetitions: Self explanatory. Switch to wide grip pull up if you can not support your own body weight.

Day 2: Legs and Abs

First exercise: Squats. 10 sets of 10 rep. Make sure your feet are set shoulder width apart, and that your arse can reach a complete parallel level with the floor before you up the weight.

Second exercise: lying down hamstring curls. 10 sets of 10 repetitions. Self explanatory.

Third exercise: Seated calve raises. 3 sets of 20. Make sure you can have a full extension of your calve. To maximise range of motion remove shoes and do the exercise barefoot. You will feel the burn much more.

Fourth exercise: Hanging leg raises. 3 sets of 12-15. Pull yourself up on a chin up bar. Keep your arms at 90 degrees. Have a slight bend at your knees and raise your legs up.

Day 3:Arms and Shoulders.

Many of you will wonder why i threw shoulders in with your arms. You already work your shoulders a lot on your first day of the exercise program. Bench Press really targets your front felt, whilst the bend over rows target your rear delts. The only thing missing is your lateral deltoid. This will be worked this day.

exercise 1: Close grip bench press. 10 sets of 10 repetitions. make sure your hands are parallel to your shoulders when you clinch the bar, and your elbows are always going along side your ribs and lats, rather then further out. Probably the best tricep exercise i've ever done.

exercise 2: Bicep Preacher curl with the z-bar. 10 sets of 10 repetitions. Pretty self explanatory. Make sure you have a full extension before you up the weight.

exercise 3: lateral shoulder raises. 4 sets of 10-12. Shoulders are an endurance muscle. Want to see them grow? Max your reps with them. Keep elbows at 90 degrees, and never go higher then your neck level.

exercise 4: Shrugs. 4 sets of 20. Do these any which way you want with bar with dumbbells, front rear or to the side. Just make sure your traps are burning before you leave the gym!!

Complete stage 1 over the next 6 weeks and then move to stage 2.

Stage 2 is a change in repetitions. For maximum growth we change exercises 1 and 2 of each day to repetitions of 6. You will increase the weight you push by approximately 20-30 percent.

This is by far my favourite training program of all training programs i have tried. I've increased my weight from 88 kilograms to 95 kilograms in a matter of 9 weeks (with proper nutrition) and no change I'n my waist.

If you have any inquiries please quote me or if you like inbox me on my Facebook page.

www.facebook.com/BodyWarehouse
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote