View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #118
Maniak
TJ Warren

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs: For Old Time Sake | 2k13 Association

POTG: Eric Bledsoe

Recap:
No Tony Parker, no problem. The San Antonio Spurs beat the Golden State Warriors 96-89 on Friday night, putting the Warriors below .500 at home.

Eric Bledsoe filled in nicely for Parker, scoring 13 points and dishing out 9 assists in 20 minutes.

"Tony [Parker] being out was very short notice and I wasn't expecting to start. I'm happy I filled in well and we pulled out the win without him." Bledsoe commented.

Stephen Curry shone for the Warriors, scoring a game-high 25 points and also grabbing 4 rebounds and 6 assists (11-19 FG). However the poor performance from Klay Thompson (2-10FG, 1-4 3pt, 7pts, 5ast, fouled out late in the 4th) held the Warriors back.

Manu Ginobili scored 18 points on 5-10 shooting, a big improvement from last night's 6 points on 2-7 shooting.

Greg Monroe debuted with 9 points and 5 rebounds (4-7FG) in 16 minutes. Jonas Jerebko also had a solid debut, putting up 10 points and 3 assists in 15 minutes (5-6FG).

The Spurs got to the line 16 times and converted on all 16. This was the game's deciding factor.

San Antonio will enjoy a day off and then play in Phoenix on the 24th in their last game of a long 9 game road trip.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote