View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA rookie of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How to increase shooting range?

Crazy bump because I can't post threads yet. So happened to come across this while using google.

I struggle to shoot long ranged shots in general. Not even in terms of making it, but I feel like I need to exert myself a good deal to get a decent shot attempt. I must need to improve on something or am doing something wrong.

I actually have really strong legs (can squat 350 and I'm 5-9 for reference) as I've played soccer and run my whole life. Can't dunk but can grab rim pretty easily.

My form was jacked and a coach helped tweak it a bit. I used to sort of shoot with two hands and spin the ball with my off thumb.. Hard to explain and the rotation on the ball was like Joakim Noah I fixed it. Or am in the process of fixing it.

Should note that I have no problem getting a shot off with my old form. Ever since I started using the guiding hand for just that, I can barely hit rim in shoot around outside of 19+ feet.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote