View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #21
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

http://rockmonster.blogs.deseretnews...es-jazz-blame/

Quote:
General manager Dennis Lindsey said on Thursday that “Frankly, the conversations and arrows on April 18 have to be pointed at us on why we fell short from a personnel standpoint and what we’re going to do going forward.”

“Us” meaning he and vice president Kevin O’Connor.

Lindsey didn’t stop there, saying even some of the game’s legendary coaches couldn’t have done better at managing nine free agents and the long-term injury absence of Mo Williams.

“From a management standpoint of playing time, if you just took Ty Corbin’s name off the head coaching ledger, and put any coach up there — John Wooden, Jerry Sloan, Gregg Popovich, Rudy Tomjanovich, Jeff Van Gundy – all coaches I’ve dealt with before – you (media) guys would be asking the same questions and the fans and the talk shows and the blogs would have the same complaints, because it wasn’t a perfect alternative.”

Earlier in his remarks, Lindsey admitted mistakes, saying, “(Corbin’s) not the perfect coach, I’m not the perfect GM, we’re not the perfect organization, so what we’re gonna do next week is get in a room together and take gloves off and get real honest with each about where we fell short.”

I agree. You can't just blame the coach or the players. It's a group effort. To think things would be much different with Jerry is funny. I had many of the same complaints about him that I hear about Ty but unlike with Ty nothing would have changed with Jerry. Ty is growing and making adjustments still.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote