View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #54
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Andrew Wiggins' school commitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Know who else is in Portland? Nike. Well, basically anyway. Talk that Nike talked to him about UK and how they like the marketability of UK, Fab Five 2.0 type stuff. Just talk, I know but that's how big time recruiting goes.

yea i thought about this too, I mean the game was on Saturday. Pretty hard to believe he couldn't get a flight from then until Monday morning.

Quote:
According to Wiggins' high school coach, Rob Fulford, the cancellations are the product of Wiggins being exhausted from his recent trip to the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, and not an indication that he is close to making a college decision. Wiggins had multiple flight delays during his return trip to his current hometown of Huntington, WV.

Wiggins, who is commonly referred to as "the best high school basketball player since LeBron," was scheduled to meet with Roy Williams on Monday afternoon, Bill Self on Tuesday and Leonard Hamilton on Wednesday. Instead, Fulford said Wiggins will speak with all three coaches on the phone.

The one candidate to land Wiggins that wasn't scheduled to meet with him this week is Kentucky, the program that has long been considered the favorite to land the 6'7 small forward. John Calipari has already become the first coach to sign six McDonald's All-Americans in one year, and adding Wiggins would likely put to bed any debate over whether or not UK's 2013 recruiting class is the best in history.

On the phone??? So that would mean Cal is the only one who got an "official" home visit?

I mean, why not reschedule Roy and then see Self and Hamilton? He's already past the LOI date isn't he? So what is the rush?

If I was really concerned I'd be looking up those flights and seeing if there was actually a delay but I'll leave that to the UNC, Kansas and FSU fans.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote