View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #30
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Willie Green has a team option and it's only $1.3 million, so I doubt they'd be able to get anything better any cheaper and if they don't want him they can cut him.

OK. The site I looked at had something by his years so I wasn't sure with him. Deandre is the other one but I wouldn't take him!

Quote:
Butler would be the obvious choice at $8 million if they wanted to cut salaries, which is a realistic proposition with their owner. Clippers basically will have all their salary tied up in their version of the Big 3 with Griffin, Paul and Jordan with Crawford on a MLE deal and a bunch of minimum deals to fill out the rest of the roster. It'd leave them thin in the 3 spot, but i'm sure the Jazz could send back Evans or Carroll in return who don't make more than a few million?

I think Crawford has some option too?

Jazz might draft a young wing at the 21st slot that could look good to the Clipps as well as Evans. Murphy and McNeal would be nice for a team in a trade with non-guaranteed deals. Their first pick who should be a pg/combo guard could be expendable too if they got Bledsoe not to mention Burks, who I wouldn't want to see go

They also have their 2nd round pick and future picks to throw in as well as the TPE they'd get for the Jazz taking on salary and Tomic's rights. Carroll would have to be a sign and trade. Getting another team involved so they could unload Marvin would be sweet.

Butler is an expiring contract so I could certainly see the Jazz doing it. His money could go to paying the kids next summer. I think he'd be a good fit too. Start him with Burks or Hayward. He can handle the ball. Pass. Shoot. He's not the player he was before his injury in Dallas but a nice vet that should fit better than Marvin or Foye.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 04-23-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote