View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #15
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How do you stop this VERY FAT and TALL guy DOMINATING in streetball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Being that you guys were in middle school, I can understand how that'd be a tough situation. How old was this big guy? And did this happen at a public court or a school court? He must have not had very many basketball options in his area if he had to resort to playing against middle schoolers every single day. Also, depending on that guy's age, I'm having a hard time picturing him wanting to fight a slew of 12 year olds.

That said, if some things were a little different - let's say you guys were not middle schoolers and you were playing at your city's primary court - I wouldn't be able to have an issue with anyone trying to step in and play. Sometimes players (even big ones) just want to get out there and exercise.

No, I was in middle school; hence, why I didn't play often. The rest of the guys were high schoolers, including the big guy. My 3 cousins were all between 10th & 11th grade at the time.

We played at a public park, which was literally across the street from my cousin's house.

These days when I play, if a big guy joins in, I allow it because I'm just playing for fun. I don't ever truly compete unless everyone else around me seems extremely into it.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote