View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #488
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft Discussion

Browns with an all defensive draft aside from the 7th round (guard).

Barkevious Mingo - OLB
Leon McFadden - CB
Jamoris Slaughter - S
Armonty Bryant - DE

Pair those picks with the acquisitions of Paul Kruger and Quentin Groves, this defense is going to look completely different. Ray Horton will be transitioning to the 3-4, let's take a look at what the depth chart may look like...

DE - Ahtyba Rubin / Billy Winn
NT - Phil Taylor / Ishmaaily Kitchen
DE - John Hughes / Desmond Bryant
OLB - Paul Kruger / Quentin Groves
ILB - D'Qwell Jackson / LJ Fort
ILB - Craig Robertson / Tank Carder
OLB - Barkevious Mingo / Jabaal Sheard
CB - Joe Haden / Johnson Bademosi
SS - TJ Ward / Jamoris Slaughter
FS - Eric Hagg / Gipson(?)
CB - Leon McFadden / Buster Skrine

All of a sudden, that is a pretty deep defense with pass-rushers to spare. I highlighted that OLB spot, because it will be very interesting to see what happens. It is possible Sheard could be used as more of a defensive end in a lot of packages.

But, suddenly, that Kruger, Sheard, Mingo, Groves foursome will give Horton a lot of flexibility.

I think they may need McFadden to start opposite Haden right out of the gates. I like Skrine as a nickel guy, but I don't think he has the goods to be on the field for a majority of snaps.

There is still a bit of a question mark behind TJ Ward and I'm not exactly sure where Trevin Wade fits into all of this.

Very interest, though... And I think this defense has a lot of potential.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote