View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #502
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
both myself and McShay should get some cred for being of the few that understood Joeckel wasn't a lock for #1 overall...due to the combine

No I just paid attention to the combine and listened to what others were saying like McShay...that was me paying attention and not just looking at random mocks

this statement was false

^^^ me being SPOT ON as usual

that's right, that is what the combine did...and that is the entire reason they have a combine...did you think that the combine didn't effect anyone's draft status? Stop it.

Todd McShay has earned more of my respect this year...where Kiper is more of a complete joke, McShay is not at all...of all the ESPN "draft guys" out there, McShay is #1 in my book
FWIW, I said in January after the Senior Bowl that Eric Fisher was a candidate to go First Overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
So the Senior Bowl has come and gone, and absolutely none of the QB's there separated themselves from the pack and a lot of big name players probably hurt their stock with sub par week of practice.

Denard Robinson played as a WR at the Senior Bowl and was absolutely awful, he was once considered a 2nd-3rd round pick and after this week of practices is considered a 5th or 6th round pick.

Central Michigan LT Eric Fisher had an amazing week and has now catapulted himself into the top 10, possible even being a candidate to go 1st overall.

I also predicted Jarvis Jones slipping to the mid first

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Who do you guys think will fall in the draft?

Personally, I think Jarvis Jones is going to fall to the mid 1st round. His size 6'2, 241 makes him a tweener. I wouldn't want him at 4-3 end, he likely will end up a 3-4 OLB, but could likely play the 4-3 OLB ALA Von Miller. Who knows, I like him but for some reason I think he's going to slip on draft day.

Also, I don't think Joeckle not getting picked first overall had ANYTHING to do with his combine at all. I think KC just preferred Fisher, but knew that Joeckle was on par with him. To say Joeckle didn't go first overall due to the combine just isn't accurate IMO. And Joeckle didn't even have a bad combine at all.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote