Re: 2013 Quarterback Rankings (top 10)
1. Aaron Rodgers — Obvious choice here.
2. Peyton Manning — I put him 2 b/c he has Thomas, Decker & now Welker to throw to in his second year in Denver and more familiarity.
3. Drew Brees — I think, with Payton back on the sideline, he'll have a big year.
4. Tony Romo — If he can get solid protection up front, he'll have a great season. He has put up insane numbers the past few seasons even with crap OL play.
5. Tom Brady — Who are his receivers this season? No one really great proven guy in that group. Don't know if Gronk will be the same.
6. Matt Ryan —*I ONLY put him here b/c he has three incredible players who will make him look awesome in White, Jones and Gonzalez. I don't think he's an elite QB though.
7. Colin Kaepernick — I'm really big on this guy. And now with Anquan Boldin to throw to, along with Crabtree, Davis, James, etc, he has a ton of weapons around him with an offense made for his strengths & the best OL in football.
8. RG3 — This is a tough one. No way to know how he'll bounce back from his second SERIOUS knee injury and how they'll use him this season.
9. Andrew Luck — I expect him to cut down his interception numbers. No sophomore slump for him. The kid is clutch and a baller.
10. I have no idea here.
I could see a number of players take this spot: Cam Newton (can't believe I just said that), Matt Stafford (Megatron is the biggest reason why he'd be up here, obviously), Josh Freeman (has a crap load of talent around him & now has a defense that won't allow 350 pass ypg), Alex Smith (he was off to an excellent start last season & may be solid under Andy Reid along with a great run game), Russell Wilson (though I expect him to take a step back from last season) and/or Ryan Tannehill (performed better than most expected as a rookie. Thanks to a strong Dolphins offense, he should have more weapons to help him).