View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #65
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

He was asked about the sweep and we were 3-0. What was he supposed to say? I just want to take it one game at a time? If you win one more time...it's a sweep.

End of the day, we can say what we want about Melo but there's only 1 other person in the league that I feel would guarantee us a victory and he's not available in FA or via trade. Wanna say CP3 is better...well his team is down in their series to a team that made a salary dump mid season. Wanna say Durant is better...his team is in the same exact situation we are. End of the day, we can regurgitate all the nonsense we here about "You can't win with Melo." I'm not buying it. Tyson Chandler had 11 rebounds in or 2 losses but he also gave up 17, 17 and 18 rebounds consecutively to Garnett. The "it's Melo's fault" excuse is getting old. If he was the only reason why we're losing, then take him out the game and go win without him. Guarantee it won't happen.

Melo didn't make JR throw that elbow. Melo didn't tell everyone to dress in all black. Melo didn't make Amare a no show yet again. Melo didn't make Chandler non-existent for yet another playoff series. Melo did make Jason Kidd old and ineffective. Melo didn't tell Woody to not make adjustments.

Melo ABSOLUTELY needs to play better. He needs to shoot better and he needs to stop losing his man in transition. That being said, I'm not putting it all on him because if it weren't for him, we wouldn't even be in the playoffs, let alone the 2 seed. Furthermore, us gutting the team and getting rid of him only ensures we will be rebuilding and searching for a guy in HOPES that he's even close to being as good as Melo.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote