View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #66
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
He was asked about the sweep and we were 3-0. What was he supposed to say? I just want to take it one game at a time? If you win one more time...it's a sweep.

End of the day, we can say what we want about Melo but there's only 1 other person in the league that I feel would guarantee us a victory and he's not available in FA or via trade. Wanna say CP3 is better...well his team is down in their series to a team that made a salary dump mid season. Wanna say Durant is better...his team is in the same exact situation we are. End of the day, we can regurgitate all the nonsense we here about "You can't win with Melo." I'm not buying it. Tyson Chandler had 11 rebounds in or 2 losses but he also gave up 17, 17 and 18 rebounds consecutively to Garnett. The "it's Melo's fault" excuse is getting old. If he was the only reason why we're losing, then take him out the game and go win without him. Guarantee it won't happen.

Melo didn't make JR throw that elbow. Melo didn't tell everyone to dress in all black. Melo didn't make Amare a no show yet again. Melo didn't make Chandler non-existent for yet another playoff series. Melo did make Jason Kidd old and ineffective. Melo didn't tell Woody to not make adjustments.

Melo ABSOLUTELY needs to play better. He needs to shoot better and he needs to stop losing his man in transition. That being said, I'm not putting it all on him because if it weren't for him, we wouldn't even be in the playoffs, let alone the 2 seed. Furthermore, us gutting the team and getting rid of him only ensures we will be rebuilding and searching for a guy in HOPES that he's even close to being as good as Melo.
The bottom line is if the Knicks lose, Carmelo Anthony is gonna get that work.

Do the one job you should and this series would be over, instead of missing 41 shots in two closeouts, after you entertaintain a segment talking about a sweep.

KG got 18 rebounds off Melo's misses for Christ sakes.

Tyson has a ring, Kidd has a ring, and neither guy is that far removed from it and their play has not fell off from that point when THEY won.

They wont catch that heat anywhere close to Melo if he can lead a team out of the first round against a team that doesn't even have a pg at all.

I can't think of a single sport where the highest paid star on the team doesn't get the blame, especially in NY.

A-Rod gets crucified deservedly so and has actually helped his team win a title.

LeBron used to get killed for not winning a ring...until he won one.

And Melo is no LeBron and LeBron's teammates weren't nearly as good as what Melo or CP3 has had overall.

But my point is, you dont need star players just to make the first round and bow out, that can be done just having a bunch of youngsters around and no pressure to win.

When you acquire stars and great scorers the expectations are raised.

If these guys can't deliver, go kick a pebble.

More times than none Ewing lost to the better team, so did Bernard King, and I've watched these guys personally and live.

These guys didn't have consecutive games of trash, their heart would not allow that, if they lost, no fan could point to their performance and say damn they let us down.

All I know is Carmelo Anthony is shooting 39% from the field, 28% from three and getting playoff lows in rebounds (5), and assists (1).

The team won the first three games with Melo averaging right around his season average, had he continued to do so, this series would be over.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote