View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Joe Johnson the player can't seem to get away from Joe Johnson the contract

I like Joe Johnson but sometimes it is nice to see a player take just a little bit less to win. It reminds me when Ben Wallace wanted a big pay raise and surprisingly the Pistons were not willing to pay it. This was after he helped turn that franchise around and brought a championship along with a second Finals appearance. The team knew he was aging and he would be declining. You don't pay a player based off what they did for you; instead you pay them for what you think they can do for you.

Everyone knew Joe Johnson wasn't worth that contract. So why are teams willing to pay it? It just makes it harder to build a contender when you are overpaying a guy. I can't hate on a guy that can command that sort of contract and get it.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote