View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Write about your best performance in a basketball game (stat-line included )

I don't know if it was my best, but my favorite performance was my 22 point, 12 rebound game early on in my junior year. Up to that point, I'd only once scored more than 13 points in a varsity game (18 a few games prior) and I sort of started to feel like I was never going to be a 20 point guy. I thought my brother was a better ballplayer than me yet he barely averaged 5 or 6 points per game, so I had my doubts.

Anyway, long story short, I played for what was seen as a mediocre basketball program at the time and the performance in question came against our rivals and eventual state semi-finalists. We went into their house and beat them by 13. It was our 5th win in a row and really put us on the map, so to earn my first 20 and 10 in the biggest game of my life up to that point was pretty freaking spectacular. It also led to Player of the Week honors in our regional paper and did wonders for my confidence. The game came a lot easier after that.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote