View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:47 AM   #65
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Which is what happened in '04. It was really the first time they'd been in that situation after 20 years of playoffs and they wasted their time going after restricted FA's like Terry and Willie Green(others? I can't remember.). They learned from that and while going after restricted FA's again they targeted two they knew their teams couldn't match the offers with Okur and Boozer. Than they blew it with AK's max deal unfortunately which hurt them for years to come.
I remember they signed Jason Terry and Corey Maggette to deals, but that was a case of them only signing because the teams they were on said "Go out and get a deal and we'll match". They were smart (also risky) with Okur because Detroit couldn't afford both Sheed and Okur so they gave him a big deal. Boozer was lucky I guess, but at the time I remember they were thinking of offering a max deal to Kenyon Martin also.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote