View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #4715
Andrew Wiggins
Local High School Star

Andrew Wiggins is considered somewhat coolAndrew Wiggins is considered somewhat coolAndrew Wiggins is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Bony does not have a release clause. Also, Vitesse seems to have some very questionable ties to Chelsea.

So you can pretty much forget about getting Bony below market value.

abramovich is close friends with vitesse's owner so they have some kind of understanding where chelsea sends their promising young players there. it's mutually beneficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
I know what Monaco WAS, but as of now they are a shit team with a lot of new money. They won't play CL next year, and we will see about the year after. That's a huge factor for players of this caliber. The transfer fee is a block, I agree, but it's not like Monaco is the only club which can pay it.

they are not the only club that can pay it, but they may be the only club willing to pay the fee AND exorbitant wages in a top tier league

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
If he's going to leave Atletico Madrid, it's for a big name team.

Atletico are no slouches themselves, but why would he leave a team not quite considered an elite team, for another 'project'? They've only just won promotion back to Ligue 1, and it's not as simple as bringing in a couple of good players to suddenly turn them into a potential Champions League side.

I've got a feeling he's headed for Chelsea, along with Mourinho.

these new wealthy clubs with deep pockets have shown the ability to get top players in their primes - aguero and tevez to city, eto'o to anzhi, and so on. i do agree that no champions league football is a big factor why they might not get falcao
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote