View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #1593
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
I say Floyd should fight him at 154 or don't fight him at all.
I understand that Canelo would have crazy advantages (youth, weight, power,..) but that's what greatness is all about.
I'd be very excited and praise Floyd to the fullest!

I think it would be incredibly ballsy for him to go all the way up to 154 and take the fight, but I also don't think it is something that people should just expect to happen. Floyd has never come into any fight close to the 154-pound limit. Yes, he has fought there a couple times, but there is a big difference between an older DLH and Cotto (who isn't nearly as big as Canelo) and fighting Alvarez there... A guy who is, quite honestly, probably too big to still be fighting at 154 in the first place and will be a full-fledged middleweight before long.

Hell, I could see Canelo being in line to fight Andre Ward down the road.

If Canelo truly is only interested in the fight at 154, I'd be disappointed if the fight couldn't be made... But I'd also understand why Floyd wouldn't want to do it. He's out-sized a lot of times at welter and he could probably easily move down to 140 if he had to. No one could objectively say Floyd is a 154-pounder. He's just not.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 05-14-2013 at 01:48 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote