View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #19
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Watch Dogs - Open World Gameplay Premiere Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Maybe a dumb question, but do you know if this game is a true representation of Chicago? Authentic streets through and through? Or is it Chicago like GTA V will be Los Angeles, as in "It is, but it isn't."?

I haven't had an issue with the prospect of returning to Los Santos up to this point because from the looks of it, it may have very little in common with PS2's San Andreas. It appears so vast and so rich in detail that I don't get the feeling I'll ever be playing and get to a point and say, "Oh man, that's so San Andreas." To put it succinctly, it looks like it might as well be a new city, just as "Liberty City" in IV had very little in common with Liberty City in III. The difference, of course, is S.A. was able to closer reflect L.A. than III was able to reflect NYC, but the premise remains the same.

That said, I certainly wouldn't mind a new locale. As a local, I'd push the city of Detroit for it's gritty outskirts, solid downtown, river border/international border, Ambassador Bridge, uppity suburbs, historic structures, abandoned yet beautiful historic structures, and Robocop.

I'd also like to see a new city introduced to the GTA series, as much as I like the look of GTA 5 the same cities in America repeatedly get used in games. I for one would like 2 cities in the next GTA. Perhaps your character could start out in Havana Cuba and half way through the story make it to Miami like Scarface.

As for Watch Dogs I like the look of it however I have a feeling it will become quite linear. Sandbox games very rarely offer variety in missions because the main selling point is the exploration of the city. The only sand box that has kept me entertained through out has been GTA. It's certainly shaping up nicely but like some previous posters have said it needs to have variety.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote