View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #63
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Bioshock Infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

I ordered a copy off Amazon that came with both Bioshock and Infinite. Should I play Bioshock first or does it really matter?
I played Infinite first and aside from an Easter Egg that harkens back to the original at one point (that I was able to appreciate anyway because it merely requires you be familiar with the primary gist of the first game), I don't think there's much to lose from playing Infinite first.

I just finished Bioshock 1 a few weeks ago. Your gaming interests sound very similar to my own (GTA and RDR are some of the select few non-sports games in my catalog) and as previously alluded, I'm not a big sci-fi guy. So with that in mind, I must tell you Bioshock 1 felt way more sci-fi than Infinite. The first one is darker, bleaker, colder, creepier, fuller of zombie-like opposition, all of that.

Real deal Bioshock fans likely would have a lot to say in a "Bio 1 vs. Infinite debate" but as someone like you, I must say I very much preferred Infinite. I'd probably recommend playing that one first if you're not big into all the sci-fi stuff. I preferred Infinite's story, setting, atmosphere, controls, gameplay... just about everything aside from the inability to upgrade weapons with neat things added on like what could be done in the original.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote