View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #24
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: do air jordan releases still draw a long line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Best J's ever. Can't wait for June 15th.

You ever own those, Screwston?

Nope, never had those. Hope to snag them this time. They supposedly limited so might be more difficult to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
People who line-up for Jordans today are fools. All you have to do is wait a couple of years and they will retro them...again, Then again!
I feel so violated but what the Jordan corperation has done with the retro collection. From all the loss sleep and constant research, relationship building that I've worked for to build my collection, all I had to do was wait and it gets retroed over and over. And trust me, the quality gets worse, and they charge more.

Yes, they retro every few years but depending where you live, there will still be a line when they retro whatever shoe again. You're kidding yourself if you think that waiting for the next time they retro, won't be a line. Might be an even bigger line with the way things have been going.

Quote:
To put into perspective how much demand is for Jordans, go to any open gym and check out what kicks people are wearing. It's all about Kobe's, Adidas, KD's....nobody wears Jordans anymore. Only collectors and resellers. Jordan is dead to me. i've even put my shoes on consignment trying to unload them.

that's because those Kobe's, KDs, Lebrons have much better technology for basketball shoes. These Jordan Retros were made in the 90s. Most people don't wear them to hoop, but for casual.

I wish you were right but The demand is still there, if not even bigger. Just about every OG retro sells out and people line up every time they drop. Where I live, everyone still wears Jordans. Still creates ridiculous hype that you don't see with other brands. DS space jams still go for $300+

And I'm glad some resell prices have gone down. If people would just stop paying over retail for a pair of sneakers, these resellers would be out of business and have a room full of unsold sneakers. Then again, JB could just make more pairs and that would solve many problems.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote