View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #28
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: do air jordan releases still draw a long line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Highly disagree here. I absolutely love the Retro collection. To me, they're the best looking sneakers. Simple but at the same time, fashionable. I don't like a lot of these new sneakers today because some just have too much going on. I'll hoop in them, but wear Jordans when I go out.

Not even just Jordan Retros, but everybody else bringing back classics. This year has been great for a retro lover like me as they've brought back the Fila Grant Hills, RBK Shaq Attaqs and the Answer/Question line. And later this year, the Dikembes

As for new athletes and such, they do have Melo and CP3 signature shoes and D Wade before he left for Li Ning. I believe Blake Griffin is with Jordan as well. Problem is, Jordan is such an iconic brand, that's it hard for someone else come out from under the shadows of Jordan brand. You can see how the Lebron and Kobe signature lines have been successful.

There have been some nice non Jordan Retros, they just don't get much love because they are not Retros. Which is fine with me because I don't buy my kicks based on hype.

Maybe I've become a crusty old shoehead who can't accept change. (Apparently that's my new schtick on here ). When you've been collecting for over a decade I guess it gets a little disheartening to see a rerelease of something you've made an epic journey over, only to devalue what you currently have.
As for the brand in itself, I see it more as a novelty now over a premium basketball shoe brand. They used to be at the top of the basketball shoe game is the 00's. It has now become what Ice Creams and Bapes were over that period. A fashion item. This to me will kill the brand all together. Once the novelty wears off, the brand will be a sitting duck, just like Ice Creams and Bapes. We still live in a generation where the consumers still recognize Jordan the brand. This may be over soon with the next generation and the emergence of new faces in the shoe game.
KD's, Brons, Kobes, Rose will never reach that level of demand that the Jordan brand has acheived. But the shoe game as a whole will go back to the days where athletes can be endorsed despite the shoe brand. Back it the day where Nique wore Brooks, Bird and Magic wore converse, Worthy wore New Balance, The Dream wore Etonics, Dee Brown wore pumps....
But agin I'm just an old man ranting
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote