View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #75
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bioshock Infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Yeah, maybe it's just a matter of finding a happy medium. Perhaps not necessarily blazing through everything, but then not coming to a crawl. I trust you've found your groove, yes?
Yeah, the last two days I've really immersed myself in the game. I was only able to play for about 2-3 hours total the couple of days before that, so I got a little behind. Sat down yesterday, though, and played 3 or 4 straight hours (without even realizing it) and did the same thing this afternoon. I just got to the part where you get to Comstock House, Elizabeth's fingerprints get rejected, and you have to find Lady Comstock's crypt. The pace has really picked up, which I like, but I'm also a little jumpier because I feel like I'm going to get shot at every time I turn a new corner.

Some of the recent battles were just brutal, even on normal setting (well, at least they were for someone like me who doesn't play these type of games very often). The one where there's like 2 or 3 Firemen and a Mechanized Patriot, along with all the Vox took me 2 or 3 tries. Then the one where you're in the elevator and on your way to Emporia, but it gets hit by something and stops....that one took me awhile. Think there was another Mechanized Patriot, a Fireman, and a Handyman. The tears really help but I get panicky sometimes and forget to open one that can help me like a Mosquito or turret.

I'm a sniper rifle person, and usually go with the repeater or carbine as my second gun. But I'm much more comfortable sitting back, finding my bearings, and picking off enemies from a distance. I really only mix in vigors if someone surprise attacks me from behind, but usually I try to get up on a balcony or rooftop if there's a freight-hook available, so it's usually not an issue.

The darker, Apocalyptic setting in Emporia isn't really my thing, but I'm so hooked on the game and getting to the end now, it doesn't really bother me. If the game had started off this way, I probably would've only come back to it a few more times before being completely done with it.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote