View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #334
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Official Starcraft 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
eg is simultaneously the smartest and stupidest team in the world.

well, maybe i wouldn't go that far...

anyways, releasing idra was the right thing to do. all he's been doing for months is not improving at sc2 and just generating attention for being a bitch. if i was a sponsor i wouldnt want a team whose big pull (one of their big pulls, I guess) was a guy who acts like a bitch constantly.

idra legitimately needs mental help if he wants to continue playing sc2 at a pro level (which he's not really good enough to do anyways). he should have done the same thing as incontrol and just focused on casting because he's never winning anything again and not getting any younger, plus now he doesn't even have a team. hindsight 20/20, i guess.

he's won a lot of prize money and had a ridiculous salary from eg for years now, so he'll be fine financially (plus eg is helping pay for his current apartment still). i just wonder what he'll do.

Thing is I believe he already got help at some point and it didn't improve anything. I recall EG paying a psychologist or something to help him, but I don't remember his results improving at that time.

With him off the salary books, and Stephano retiring in months, this should open up a lot of flexibility for them to sign some big name players. Eager to see what moves they make. I'm actually really hoping for them to sign Jaedong to a real contract because I believe he is actually still on loan and he has all the EG qualities in a player.. unlikely at this point, but one can hope lol
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote