View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #78
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bioshock Infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Can someone who's very knowledgeable of this game tell me if Infinite is more like the original Bioshock or Bioshock 2? ... or if this game has an entirely new and original look and feel to it? I absolutely adored BS1 but was surprisingly immensely disappointed with BS2. So, someone who's already mastered this game or knows a great deal about it, let me know what I should expect.
Infinite was the first Bioshock I ever played (I've since played the original). In terms of atmosphere, setting, and tone, I'd say Infinite varies greatly from the first two.

As someone who's not a huge fan of shooting zombie-like enemies, I very much preferred the atmosphere of Infinite. There's still unease and mystery (and gore), but it's not as closed in and claustrophobic as the originals. It feels like there's something bigger happening and the game itself is rich with political overtones (the kind that make you ponder as opposed to the kind that make you lean).

Gameplay remains similar. I personally felt the combat was better in Infinite than BS1. Too often in the original, it felt like the opponent was attacking with no rhyme or reason, often limiting strategy from my end and leading to a lot of random gunning or wrench beating. Infinite seems to allow at least a few more opportunities for a strategic and effective approach without compromising difficulty.

In short, I pretty much thought Infinite improved upon nearly everything included in BS1. Hacking is no longer present and guns cannot be visibly upgraded (power, precision, and clip size can still be increased, but no graphical upgrades to the weapons take place when performed). Those were just footnotes to me though. I actually wasn't much a fan of the puzzle hacks in the first place. Also, I think the Skyhook more than makes up for those losses anyhow.

I'm not usually a fan of this genre, but Bioshock: Infinite is one of the best games I've ever played.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 05-30-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote