View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #29
BoutPractice
Both teams played hard

Default Re: Write about your best performance in a basketball game (stat-line included )

In an officiated high school game, my best stats were 30 points and 15 rebounds (roughly). Got the 30 points because I was exceptionally playing with a good PG who threw perfect lobs... I also remember it well because I seemingly couldn't miss near the basket. I actually made a lucky 360 hook while fouled, and heard my defender saying "it's not fair"

Another was a simple 16/15 performance with a few timely blocks but it won the game for my team as my play sparked an unstoppable run. Also, those 16 points I'd created myself with Gasol running hooks and turnaround Js as opposed to the 30 coming mostly from assists, so I guess that'd be my true best performance.

In an unofficiated game, a 40 point triple double but I was playing against short guys because I arrived too late to play on the side of the court where the good players were doing their thing

But it's funny because when you actually play the game, stats don't matter that much. I remember some of the greatest games from my teammates... it wasn't about how many points they'd scored, but their overall "presence" in the game.
One of my teammates absolutely dominated games with stats like 5 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 5 steals...
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote