View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
My only issue is this, it's from the team that made Uncharted 3, and that game looked amazing, but wasn't because it gave you no freedom to do anything. I've been told (by people who played a demo) it is not the case with this game so I have fingers crossed.

You're misinformed.
This game was created by Team B, which developed Uncharted 2.
It took them 2 years to develop Uncharted 2, and 3 years to develop The Last Of Us.

"According to USA Today, back in 2008, Neil Druckmann had an idea for a graphic novel about a father-daughter zombie tale. He and game director Bruce Straley saw the cordyceps fungus segment from the BBC/Discovery channel series Planet Earth, in which then turned into a major source of inspiration for The Last of Us's primary plot. Both were working on Uncharted 2 at the time. After the development of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves finished, some team members of Naughty Dog moved on to The Last of Us while the others moved on to start on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The game has been in development for over two years."

Plus it is a completely different IP, why would you have no freedom in TLOU?
Completely different genre...

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 06-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote