View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #34
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation
Default Re: UFC vs. Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont see to much MMA in UFC (pride)... Horrible punches and Great submission techniques. Cro Cop was knocked out by Gonzaga the worse telegraphed roundhouse kick. Sorry the only technical aspect to MMA is the submission holds but they usually take hits just to get someone on the floor. You dont see crisp techniques with hands or feet. They can announce how many styles or versions of martial arts a person has studied and still see the worse punches and kicks thrown no form whatsoever. You see haymakers though but not much technique. Occasionally show me a crisp side kick or roundhouse show me some resemblance of karate, kung fu, tae kwan do but I am always disappointed!

Watch Anderson Silva, Marcus Davis, Dennis Kang, GSP, Spencer Fisher, or Cro Cop fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
One thing I never understood is if someone lunges at you head down at your feet can you not just kick them straight on? Or just stomp down on the head?

If Mayweather fought anyone in the UFC at the same weight class I would have to take Mayweather once someone shoots for his legs they would get hit with an assortment of punches to the top of the head. Shooting at someones legs with your head down is not intelligent fighting.

joking?

Take a strong wrestling shot and you'll have a second or two to think about the error of your ways when your body gets turned horizontal mid-air and consequently slammed into the mat.

Only way to stop a strong shot is sprawl, push away, or a well-timed knee. I would like to see Floyd try and wing downward punches at a guy's head when he's driving into him and taking away his base in the span of a second or two.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote