View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #24
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Beyond that one incident, Gamespot is great and isn't afraid to be hard on games. When Gamespot gives a game an 8, 8.5 or a 9 then you know it's a great game. I appreciate a site that's going to be more critical and not easily hand out high scores and praise.

IGN on the other hand seems to work on a 7-10 scale and IMO, simply has poorly written reviews.
I really disagree. Gamespot trolls for reviews, it will like a game, but give it a 7 to get a response. See Luigi Mansion, where everything in the review was positive but it's a 7. It made no sense. I also recall the review of the last Zelda, which had a bunch of factual errors (blatantly wrong things) about the controls. The reviewer who said he played through the whole game didn't know the controls.

I kind of got that vibe from their review of THE LAST OF US, IGN reviewed it high, reviewed it lower so we get people clicking over to see why.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote