View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #25
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Beyond that one incident, Gamespot is great and isn't afraid to be hard on games. When Gamespot gives a game an 8, 8.5 or a 9 then you know it's a great game. I appreciate a site that's going to be more critical and not easily hand out high scores and praise.

IGN on the other hand seems to work on a 7-10 scale and IMO, simply has poorly written reviews.

Completely disagree, GameSpot are notorious for being full-out Microsoft geeks. I love reading/watching their reviews as they are pretty spot on but their scores are highly inconsistent and confusing.

Here's a quick glance at what I'm talking about...metacritic scores are in brackets.

360 Exclusives

Gears of War 9.6 (94)
Gears of War 3 9.5 (91)
Halo: Reach 9.5 (91)
Halo 3 9.5 (94)
Halo 4 9.0 (87)

PS3 Exclusives

Uncharted 2 9.5 (96)
Uncharted 3 9.0 (92)
God of War 3 9.0 (92)
Killzone 2 9.0 (91)
Heavy Rain 8.5 (87)
inFamous 7.5 (84)

Is it a coincidence that every single Xbox exclusive has a higher score then the average, yet every PS3 exclusive gets a lower scoer then the average from GameSpot.

The Last of Us 8.0 (96)
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote