View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

It should also be noted that in 2009 and 2010 Drew Stanton started 4 games for the Lions, all 4 of those games were against winning teams, and he went 2-2.

I definitely do not think Stafford is 100% to blame, it is a team sport and that is why I named the thread title the way I did...Stafford does have the best WR in the game, hell when all is said and done maybe the best WR of all time, but he has never had a RB or an above average defense...but STILL, you would think that he would still get some wins in there just by sheer luck...I mean 1-23 is just amazing.

Quote:
It's baffling to me why he's held in such high regard.
I am baffled as well because I don't understand it...to me NFL fans are notorious for overrating and underrating QBs based on win/loss record...usually when a team wins everyone thinks the QB is amazing no matter how bad his stats are and when a team loses everyone thinks the QB sucks even if he has amazing stats.

But here with Stafford we have an example of a QB that doesn't have either wins or stats...he does put up a lot of yardage but he also leads the NFL in attempts every year so that doesn't mean too much. His passer rating last year was 79.8, which is well below average...the Lions won 4 games in all...yet STILL for some unknown reason, Stafford can be found on top-10 lists...

perhaps people just feel bad for the Lions or something...IDK
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote