View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I love high quality pick up games!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
I love that shit.

If my teammates are unselfish enough to set a bunch of screens for me, I score or create a lay-up/dunk every time.
Where's the help D?!

I'm kidding. Even with good ball players, proper pick & rolls in pickup games can create a lot of problems. The biggest hurdle I tend to have is getting all defenders on the same page. Some guys like trapping a screen attempt, some just heavily hedge, some try to fight through everything and some just stand in no-mans land.

I've found it's usually easiest to switch everything. Even when switching creates mismatches, they don't seem to be exposed as frequently as one would believe. In fact, often the recognition that a player has a mismatch sometimes throws things for a loop, because they try to force their advantage instead of letting the game come to them.

But yes, on topic, good pick up games are good.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote