View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #241
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Wow, Deus Ex: Human Evolution had a pretty weak ending with a bunch of loose ends not even addressed.

edit - I did never play the original Deus Ex tho some things might not make sense to me. For example, the "call me Bob" scene after the credits probably means something that I don't know.

The more I think about it tho, I liked the endings. Pretty good monologues with a lot of room for interpretation. The game was very good tho. Awesome visuals, soundtrack, voice acting, etc.

Just picked this game up on sale about 2 weeks ago. And yes, this is one of those "decision making" games that I really enjoy, along the lines of the Mass Effect series, and Alpha Protocol. The atmosphere is truly awesome, but like Protocol, you really have to focus on the plot, because it's so dependent on the moves that you make, and how you interact with people.

Yes, I know the combat's not perfect, and it doesn't do the "over the top" thing that Japanese RPGs like Final Fantasy do, but it does offer intrigue and "maturity" to the Role playing game world to help balance out the genre. Plus, the Main Character looks like a grown ass man (with beard) and not a "conflicted" 20 yr old "metro" who's full of "angst" during the whole game.

Last edited by Nevaeh : 06-12-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote