Thread: Offseason plan
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #39
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Offseason plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
Agree with Garcia.

I've had a man-crush on him for a long, long time (as a player). I love him, I want him on the Bulls, but I'd rather get Thornton, a more proven scorer. Garcia can shoot and defend, which is incredible, but we badly need a scorer to play opposite Rose.

Honestly, everyone but jls (I think?) has ignored my Kings trade idea...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw

Boozer, Deng, and a pick (ours or Charlotte's, I don't care)

for

Cousins, Thornton, Jimmer, Salmons, Hayes (last 2 are needed for salary)

Bulls get shooting, scoring, post defense, and my choice for the next superstar IF he can get his head on right.
I don't think this works out well for either team. I'll start with the Kings.
1. They're getting a new smarter GM. Be it Kenny Smith, a Spurs assistant GM, or that guy from Boston. They're getting one.
2. I don't think they'd want Boozer or Deng. They'd need to really pay Deng for him to stay in a non-contention situation. Whereas he could next offseason hop on a team like Cleveland, and be on a top 4 squad in the east. (potentially). Boozer makes way too much even for a rebuilding team that wants wins.
3. They're giving up good players (Hayes, Thornton) a player who could be great (Cousins), and a bad contract and a non-factor in the NBA if he can't score. For a slightly overpaid guy, and a drastically overpaid guy who really wouldn't be a leader in that locker room. Unlike Chuck Hayes.

Bulls: Cousins under Thibs could go really really really well, or really really really really really really really bad. I believe in the guy, but I think Thibs is too hard of a coach for him to work with. Maybe, but I wouldn't risk it. Thornton doesn't play defense, maybe he could be coached into it. And the rest wouldn't see playing time unless an injury occured, lol, and so I won't go into detail on them.

Now if we sweetened the deal with Mirotic, Butler, Taj instead of Boozer, charlotte pick? Something...maybe. But I'd much rather call up Minnesota first and see what we'd need to give up for Kevin Love.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote