Thread: Offseason plan
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #46
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Offseason plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I don't see the Kings giving up on Cousins yet.

Also don't see them taking on the contracts of our overpaid guys.

Love is the guy that I would target as well if we're going to try to make a major deal for an established star player.

His rebounding is outstanding and along with Noah he would already make our really good rebounding team undoubtedly the best in the league for sure for years to come. His outside shooting would help open driving lanes for Rose, Butler and Deng. All of those guys would also be able to drive and kick to Love. Love is the perfect pick and roll big man. He sometimes gets criticized for being too much of a shooter as a big man but he is also very capable of banging down low. He is also an excellent passer which Noah is as well. So not only would we have the best rebounding C-PF combo in the league but also the best pass C-PF combo in the league.

Rose
Butler
Deng
Love
Noah

Competes for championships for however long they are together.
Add some three point shooting and some size to the bench and we're set.

I prefer Cousins over Love. That being said, you're right that Sac probably wouldn't give him up, particularly for the contracts being offered. It really all depends on how the FO views him. Is he an immensely talented, but flawed (head-case) player, on whom they are willing to give up? Or do they still view him as their future?

As for trading for Love, and then your proposed lineup of Rose, Butler, Deng, Love, Noah... Who are we trading to get Love? Boozer and who? A pick and the rights to Mirotic? I'd love that trade. Love it. We lose absolutely nothing of consequence... which means that the other team is not that likely to accept. ...Unless David Kahn is still GM.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote