View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How many guys can dunk in your local court (10 ft) in games?

The responses surprise me thus far. My "home" streetcourt is not in a basketball hub by any means, but in-game dunks are still something that happens with regularity. I mean, I guess it depends on the night and who's there but when it's a normal showing, there's at least a few out there who are in-game dunking threats.

To get to the question though, I can in fact dunk at my local court in games. I love dunking so on one hand, each in-game flush is special. But on the other hand, it's happened a ton over the years, so there's a slight sense of normalcy there.

In terms of average street players, I'm probably in a good spot because I'm tall enough to not need super special situations to flush (I'm 6'3'') but I'm also short enough to not be awkward and slow. I don't frequently dunk in half court situations, but I'm usually able to carve out a fair amount of transition opportunities where I'm able to get a chance to elevate (filling lanes, catching outlets and attacking, creating turnovers). I know a fair amount of fellows who can dunk easily (and often better than me) but their in-game opportunities are limited due to their playing style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I've got probably 10 pickup game dunks in my career. And 1 in a HS summer league game. It still irks me that I never got one in a real game.
For some reason, I pictured you being taller, like 6'7''. Don't know where that came from.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 06-14-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote