View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The floater... learn it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
I dunno why people think it's so difficult.

It's not super high percentage but because defense doesn't affect it much, it's a very consistent shot. Good to have in your arsenal.
Right. It can surely be harnessed but as others mentioned it can be difficult to master. That's why I feel it's a worthy shot to develop but should not be readily replacing finishing at the hoop or pull up jumpers. Instead, it should be a complement or addition to those move possibilities. And I think most would agree to that idea, it just seems some begin overly relying on the float piece when easier and more effective options may have been available.

I guess to put it another way, if Tony Parker came to a random open gym or street court, I trust you'd see his floater tendency plummet, meaning he'd be firing a much smaller number of those and a much higher number of the easier shots he'd be provided - layups and easy jumpers. I believe Parker currently shoots numerous floaters because at times it's his only logical option against stifling NBA defenses - not because he just loves the idea of them. So again, I think it's a good shot to have in the repertoire, but for the average player, I do not envision a ton of offensive scenarios where it'd be the only logical (and highest percentage) option.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 06-17-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote