View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #26
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: Is anybody else at a crossroads in life right now?

First of all for God's sake drop the 60 hour a week job working some lame ass job. Put in your 40 hours or whatever you need to live comfortably and get the hell out of there. A job like that working that many hours will keep you retarded and unmotivated. It's a complete waste of time and life if you don't have a passion for it.

Second... don't worry about where you at. This is a crossroads for many people (myself included) and some people our age go off the deep end and start lighting up movie theaters. This age is a weird age.

Third... like others have said, don't worry about what others do. It may seem like they are successful but chances are it's not all roses and you aren't interested in becoming a phd or creating the cure for cancer... no problem with not having astronomical ambition. Those people live some stressed out lives... I know I wouldn't want it.

Fourth... I don't know if you have done much psychology study, but the ego always wants more. No matter where you are at, the ego always wants something beyond it. The trick is realize that and tell it to shut the hell up. Capitalism plays on ego drive and convinces people to believe all sorts of random crap like consumerism, keeping up with the Jones's, cosmetic surgeries trying to look younger, and on and on... Take some time and really reflect on society and sift through all the bullshit and figure out what is important to you. Me? I am back home with my mom after a 2 year job at a rice factory that I found boring as hell, working part time, going to school, going to meetup groups and trying new shit... embracing the extra time I have. Some people might think I am loser I don't give a shit because I don't think of myself that way. It's all how you look at it dude. You could frustrate yourself for days thinking about/giving into societal pressures or you could realize that life doesn't mean a damn thing so live the way you want, make your own choices, and realize that a society is just a way of keeping people distracted and in order.

Hope this helps. Trust me dude I have had to do some serious reflecting as I went through the worst depression ever 6 months ago... now I have little moments here and there due to chemicals in the brain, but I know that is all it is and that as long as I get enough food, release a load every now and then and have a decent place to stay then what do I have to complain about really? Also, I don't know if you have ever heard of the books "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle... but those books and others like them are the truth man and could help set you free for the rest of your life and open up a spiritual side of yourself that you never thought possible. Just a thought.

Good luck dude.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote