View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #17
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac
I agree Noel seems like a perfect fit in Cleveland but Alex Len has so much upside to his game.

I think MCW will be the steal of the draft though, extremely talented passer with a nice touch around the rim and some mid-range ability
I think Noel has more upside than Len. Noel has the potential to be the best defensive player in the NBA. As an 18-year-old, he led the nation in blocks with an absurd 4.5 per game and even had 12 blocks against a Top 15 team (Ole Miss)... And he was also second in the SEC in steals (2.1 per game).

On top of that, he's an elite athlete who finishes very well around the basket with either hand. He had no jumper or post game, but that can be taught. His athleticism, length and timing on the defensive end can not be taught.

To me, assuming his medical checks out, Noel is both the safest pick and the one with the most upside. At worst, he's going to be Larry Sanders 2.0, which is pretty damn good. Great rim protectors are hard to come by in this league. He's the best to come out in a long time.

On top of all that, he kills in advanced stats and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

MCW is sort of an enigma for me. He obviously has great length for the position and was a great defensive player at Syracuse, but sometimes it's hard to tell if a guy is a great individual defender at SU or if they're just a product of that ridiculous matchup zone system, there. His jumper also obviously needs a lot of work.

I'm also sometimes leery of guys who don't contribute until late in their college careers.

Still, MCW seems to have a nice set of tools and a good frame. Interesting prospect for sure.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote