View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NSA whistleblower Snowden arrives in Moscow

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Their banking system doesn't have much, if anything, to do with the US anyway, and what is the US going to do in terms of trade, cut off their own citizen's goods and services? Anyway, in this regard, it should be largely HK's government calling the shots, rather than central.
no no, ships passing in the night on that thought.

i simply meant that the way markets and economies impact each other so greatly these days, i would think no major player should want any significant destabilisation in any economy anywhere in the world, but china must be particularly sensitive right now. they should want as much stability and status quo as possible.

if snowden continues to cause problems for the US, who knows what the full fallout of that would be? i could easily see it impacting US markets, at the least. trade wouldn't directly be an issue, although if the dollar slumped, say, that could actually help the china banks with their liquidity problem as i understand it. so i guess it could sort of swing either way, but in any case should be a very calculated move if they have their heads on straight.

of course i don't actually know if any of this holds water unless someone who sees where i'm coming from can respond.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote