View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Who's going to be the "next Lebron James"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Xerxes
Eh, I agree that LeBron is not MJ (and no one we've seen before, or since, is), but the fact that MJ existed means it's possible there's someone like him in the future - if not someone to surpass him. In terms of pure basketball abilities and accomplishments, the more time that goes on, the more likely that we find someone that can carry that mantle and surpass him.

Are we talking about someone branded and marketed like Jordan though? That's less likely.

Jordan is the best pure basketball player of all time and the best marketed. He may never be surpassed in the latter, but I think it's pretty likely in the next half century or so, we see someone that at the very least rivals him. A person better than LeBron.

What makes LeBron unique is that he combines a brick wall 6'8 250lb frame with frightening athleticism and incredible court vision & passing abilities. But his body is not more unique than Shaq's.

The thing is, while Lebron's physique may be unique, his overall skills aren't. You won't find a guy with MJ's athleticism AND fundamentals. It's just not going to happen.

We'll always find young, athletic guys like Lebron that can jump and pass, but you won't find the guy that's the best athletically, AND skill wise. Hence, why I said MENTALITY AND WILL TO WIN. Nice try Lebron stan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfSftZvpHJg
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote