View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #82
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - June 27, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
RBA, who'd you compare Noel to?
Interesting question.

I'm not sure I've seen a player quite like him. A lot of people say Marcus Camby, but Noel is more athletic than Camby ever was. While he was a great shot-blocker in his day, Camby never had the vertical or the burst or the flat-out speed of Noel. His defense was mainly about incredible timing (which Noel also has).

He's built more like Larry Sanders, but again... Far more of a natural athlete.

A guy as long as Noel should not be able to move and jump as well as he does. He really is a freaky athlete. I would have been very interested to see his measurables at the combine, had he been healthy. I'd bet they would have been through the roof.

I'd say if you combine Larry Sanders with an elite athlete, that's Nerlens Noel. And, that makes for one hell of a player, imo.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote