Thread: Draft 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #35
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Draft 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
If I'm GarPax I don't give him a whiff of an extension until he fixes his wrist. In order to commit to him for 3-4 more years I want to know that the wrist won't be an issue. Also, how much is Deng asking for? I don't know if I'd go much more than $13 million/year, and an extension like that would hinder our cap flexibility going forward.
I would be hesitant honestly to give him more than 10-11. 13 is what he made this year. That's top 30 player money, I don't think a particular salary should directly rate a player/expectations of the player, but players that range should give an idea of their value. He made LMA, J-Smoov, Brook Lopez money. I don't know if he's in that pay grade. Right below that where Noah and Batum are in the 10-11 range. That's solid. While a lot of what Deng means to the team is more than his 16-6 or whatever it was this year with terrific defense. You can replace a portion of that with a less talented player. Especially given the team's financial standing currently/new cap when factoring in next year's cap is coming in lower than expected.

If he thinks he can get 13+ on the open market, by all means he should do that for himself. But like Noah (and kinda Taj) if he really wants to stay and be close to a championship with a good chance to earn one in the next 5 or so years...he needs to take a decent pay cut or really earn a same size/bigger contract this upcoming year.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote