View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #333
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The BigAss 2nd term thread

what i ask of the president is that he's highly competent, talented, and open to change. obama was not amongst my first couple of choices, but he's generally met the requirements IMO.

the world is changing very rapidly and this NSA thing was fairly predictable IMO. nevertheless our info-gathering approach, as objectionable as it is to so many, is almost certainly a far more balanced and democratic approach than other super-countries such as china or russia take in the matter. there are little or no rights issues in those cases. if they rear up in any way, they're typically crushed. orders come down from the top and they are followed without resistance, although i'm sure the efficiency varies.

anyway, what is the point of impeaching obama with the eventual hope of removing him? in his place you likely get another person who has to follow the exact same laws of reality that he does, but who you've now forced in to doing it more circuitously, deceitfully, forcefully, or whatever. and that's assuming it's someone who's even competent at the job!

i think it's possible to get drunk on citizens rights over time and forget that reality and nature still operate as they always do. the sacred concept of the USA is all very well and good on paper and by tradition, but it's already been falling apart in many ways even before this NSA thing came down. we were already precariously keeping afloat in many ways, such as in terms of cyber-security defenses. not that this is the same issue, but there's overlap in my mind.

haha, overlap lubricated by boredom, irritation, and a big glass of green tea spiked with some tequila.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote