View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 AM   #37
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anyone Else Like The Bennett Pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Still inconsistent from 3 to be a regular SF in the league imo. I'm not even sure if he could play the position. He's just a natural 4.

If he were drafted onto any other team, there's no doubt in my mind that coaches would put him at the 4. Right off the bat. Just seemed like a bizarre pick with Thompson blossoming, and Varejao injured. Didn't they just trade for TRob too?

Idk, like a lock for CLE to get a Center or a SF... Len, Noel, Porter, maybe even Oladipo. I'd still take any of those guys ahead of Bennett.

Fair enough. I just think his jump shot is the least of the Cavs worries. Whether he will pan out or not is another thing. People here seem to think they know everything...I'm gonna wait to watch him play.

But I will reiterate what I said in my last post. Like Barnes in GS this year, I think Bennett will benefit from a more open floor than anyone else in the draft.

If you watched him play in the Mountain West this past season, there were times I don't think a knife could have cut through some of those defenses, let alone a player with Bennett's bulk. He was forced to become a spot up and turn around shooter at times because defenses absolutely caved in on him. I don't know if you watched UNLV play against the likes of Colorado St, NM and SD St. I'd say that made his jumper look shakier than it is at times as well because he kinda forced shots he didn't need to take, but that's more a not handling the defense properly thing (coaches fault too) rather than any inherent shooting problem. Bennett will have a lot more room to breath in the NBA. But then again, for that same reason, his defense may get exposed even more.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote