View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
Jballer
Local High School Star

Default Re: So is anyone taking the Raptors garbage contracts tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Agree to disagree mate.

I think Jrue is far from mediocre... and I think you will see it in NO.

Jrue might not be Deron or Rondo... but if I had to build a team and needed an elite lite PG that was say my 3rd big contract I would seriously consider Jrue as being that guy.

NN is 10 times more likely to flame out than Jrue

Si.com says this...

New Orleans Pelicans: One of the major talking points entering Thursday was how many if any of this years prospects had the potential to develop into All-Stars. While everyone else waits a few years to find out the answer to that question, the Pelicans landed a franchise point guard in Jrue Holiday who, at just 23, is already a certified All-Star. He will have a harder time getting back to the midseason classic now that hes in the Western Conference, but Holiday took a major step forward last season, posting career highs across the board and carrying an otherwise sad-sack Sixers team as far as he could.

The sweet part about acquiring Holiday, though, is his contract. Signed to a four-year, $41 million rookie extension last fall, its important to remember that the clock on that deal starts ticking in 2013-14. In other words, hes locked in for four full seasons at a very reasonable rate.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote