Thread: Draft 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #52
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default Re: Draft 2013

Initially I was surprised when Tony Snell was the pick because going in I liked Hardaway Jr and Reggie Bullock more and they were both still on the board.

After doing a little more research and thinking about it some I could see why the Bulls organization and the coaching staff would lean towards Snell.

The kid is a shooter. Period. Very smooth and almost picture perfect stroke. Potential to be an elite shooter. Also important to note is that he's a good shooter in a lot of different circumstances. He can shoot off the dribble. He can spot up. He's excellent on curls and off of screens. Moves well without the ball to get to an open spot. He can play both SG and SF offensively and defensively. He dribbles better than what people give him credit for and he's also a better than average passer. Defensively he has the length/wingspan and quickness to be a versatile defender and fit in well with our team defense schemes.

He needs to add some muscle but he has the physical tools. He should get into the weight room with Jimmy.

I think the Bulls ultimately chose him because he has the potential to be a much better defender than Hardaway Jr and Bullock and we know how much Thibs and his staff values defense. Although primarily being a shooter he can turn into a very good defender. He can turn into the next Kawhi Leanord which is a player he's getting compared to a lot but i can see that happening.

A lot of the issues with him are mental. He's not assertive at all times. Needs to be more focused and play harder for the entirety of the game. That's something he knows he needs to improve on. With that being said with Thibs the staff and our roster it's the perfect environment for him to be in and learn from. Being on our team will get the best out of him.

Love the pick and see him turning into a very good player here.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote