View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why do you love/hate Grand Theft Auto IV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Great game, vastly overrated. No where near the scores it received from the critics. Overall, about a 93-94% game, not a ridiculous 97%.

- A ton of things were omitted that made San Andreas so much fun (for example working out etc.)
- The environment seemed dull
- The story did not intrigue me as much as Vice City or San Andreas
- I HATED the mechanics. The walking/running, aiming, shooting etc. is just very very mediocre
- The missions just were not very memorable to me, even that bank robbery got so much hype for nothing. It really wasn't all that great, in my opinion. I just expected more from a PS3 GTA...
- The graphics were pretty mediocre.

There are a few more things that prevented me from liking this game... but the list of things I liked about it is far greater. It's a great game, most certainly on my top 15 lists from the last 8 years...maybe even top 10, but San Andreas was probably my #1 game from the PS2 genre.
In retrospect, only maybe Vice City was an inferior game. I enjoyed GTA III (because of its originality) and San Andreas a lot more. Vice City and GTA 4 I always thought were overrated titles. Vice City had an amazing atmosphere (because of the location and an amazing soundtrack) and interesting characters; but didn't have nearly as much content as San Andreas and wasn't as engaging as GTA III because I just loved the whole "mafia" feel in GTA.

I guess the most important reason I find GTA 4 overrated is because I didn't feel like the city was alive enough/ I mean it was decent, especially later in the game in the downtown district area but everything seemed repetitive (people, missions, environment). I haven't played the game in 4 years so I don't remember it too well, but it's the only GTA 4 game that I've beaten ONLY twice. SA I beat probably 10 times...

Vice City is my fav. GTA with SA. Dont hate it. It had so much to do like collecting cars to create better ones and all other bonus stuff. But the atmosphere was something else. REALLY good. Story was amazing also.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote