View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #39
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bargnani close to being acquired by the Knicks

From the article:
Quote:
Regardless, pinning hopes on him remains a leap-of-faith proposition at best. It’s very hard to find a 7-foot NBA player who shoots less than 40 percent from the field and averages fewer than four rebounds per game. It’s even harder to justify spending $10 million per season on one.
Toting this as a "win now" move for the Knicks I find to be utterly ridiculous. He's exactly the type of player they don't need and they're giving away picks and a solid defender/rebounder to get him.

As for the comment section, i'm dying here:
Quote:
It's mind-boggling that a human being whose standing reach is only 10 inches shorter than the rim could make less than half of his attempts from within 4 feet of the basket.

Quote:
Knicks fans are going to love Bargnani. He combines the outside shooting, poor defense and terrible rebounding of Novak with the Italian-being of Gallinari on a contract worth nearly both of their deals put together.

Quote:
That is the first time I've ever, in my approaching 2 decades of Raptor fandom, heard the phrase "Acceptable defence" and "Bargnani" in the same sentence. Enjoy NY, enjoy.

Quote:
I realized "Il Mago" was not a compliment years ago. I mean, have you ever seen a 7 footer disappear on a basketball court? Andrea has been doing that for a looooong time. Vegas Summer League MVP if i ever saw one.

Needless to say, the general consensus here is "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out."
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote