Thread: Dexter season 8
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: Dexter season 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I really liked the first episode. But I've been sucked in on this show in the past in the first couple episodes, only to see the wheels come off.

I like the notion of this profiler lady coming in and already knowing who Dexter is. Looks like she's gonna feed him our "villain" this year. And my guess is Dexter will look into him more, and he won't be what she says he is, and that will wind up somehow allowing him to justify her being a killer and fitting the code, and then he can kill her.

The thing that looks like it'll set this year apart is the stuff they're running Deb through. It's much more realistic and gritty than this show often comes off. Usually it's got that dark side, but it's set off by Masuka being a clown, and Batista and Quinn being cardboard cutouts. With more for Deb to chew on, you get the show's second best actor and second most fleshed out charater with something to work with, and it just felt better than it has even during some of the good seasons of the show. Really good stuff.

Also I'm not opposed to getting more of Batista's sister getting it on. And what the hell is the age gap between those two siblings, 25 years?
the old lady seems interesting but i would be disappointed if she is the main villain... i mean its the last season of the show, dexter has to be the main villain, literally. the whole miami metro after dexter, that would be epic.

and spoiler: from the promo for next episode debra enters the miami metro saying she has a confession to make ( could be a dream )... and we also see that hannah will be back

i would say more like 15... her 30 and batista around 45
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote